Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Learning from the Locals

So, I know I'm way behind, but I want to start from the beginning for a few things.  For example, my apartment.  Never in my life will I live in a place, with a location like this one (but I can dream).  I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.  (Every picture posted below is taken from my kitchen window.)  
It's not like I've never been to New York City before.  I've been to all the touristy places like Times Square (still really cool).  There's something really different about being downtown though.  I feel like I'm beginning to understand the city, because I'm surrounded by locals.  It's a totally different feel.  It's actually a relief to get on the subway after work, out of the chaos of midtown, with it's lights, and tourists.  It's about a ten min walk to my apartment from the subway, but I love walking alongside the business people.  It makes me feel successful and reminds me that I live in New York City!

No comments:

Post a Comment