Monday, June 29, 2009

Library Adventures

I feel like I came closer to becoming a local today.  Why?  Because, I signed up for a library card at the New York Public Library.  It was no easy task either.  It closed at 6 (you would think that a NYC library would be open a little later than that) and I end work at 5.  Feeling a little bit like a dork, I ran off the subway to the library (on my swollen foot) feeling pretty good about myself as I walked in at 5:30 (plenty of time to leisurely search for a book).  I was not so lucky.  To sign up for a library card you need proof of a New York address (thank you Aunt Louise for sending me that card!).  So, I ran ten blocks back to my apartment got the envelope, waited 10 minutes for the slowest elevator (the one and only downside of living on the penthouse floor) and successfully made it there at 5:50!  I ended the adventure with a library card and a good book about living in Manhattan (One Fifth Avenue).  

I really needed a good book to fill up some of my free time.  Plus, look at my reading view!

No comments:

Post a Comment