Sunday, July 26, 2009

Peace in the Middle of Chaos



Before living here, I always thought of Times Square as so exciting and amazing.  It was what came to mind when I heard "NYC".  However after working basically in Times Square, I've become annoyed by the ridiculous amounts of people and overcrowded streets.  After work I can't wait to get to my neighborhood (Gramercy).  There's room to walk at your own pace and people seem a little more relaxed and nicer.  

It wasn't until this weekend, when my Mom and I visited Bryant Park, that I realized there was a place to find peace of mind in the middle of the noise, lights and crowds of Times Square.  Bryant Park has to be one of the most inspirational places.  It's not very big, but there are a million things going on.  There are chess clubs, ping pong tournaments, a beautiful fountain, an outdoor movie screen, a carousel (we even saw a little private birthday party at the ride), and a reading area, with books and signs reminding people to be quiet.  It amazes me how many things can be going on in such a peaceful area.  We did take advantage of being in midtown, and split a Raspberry Swirl cupcake from Crumbs (the cupcake place right outside the park), a little table close to the Carousel.  It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment