Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Every New Yorker for themselves...


Trader Joe's in NYC is always an interesting experience.  It's the only Trader Joe's in Manhattan, so it's incredibly crowded.  One time I went and had to wait 10 minutes in line outside on the sidewalk, just to enter the store.  (The lines are definitely worth it.  The food is so good, and there are always free samples to eat while you're shopping.)

Anyway, I went food shopping yesterday.  I was so excited because I had no food and Trader Joe's is so fun to shop in, especially when you actually need food.  After finding everything that I wanted, I got in line (starting on the opposite side of the store from the cashier).  I don't mind waiting in line, but apparently some people get quite irritable.  There was a fight!  Not just any fight, but a fight between two middle aged women!  It started because one lady wasn't moving fast enough, and it escalated from there.  Names such as "fat liar" were thrown, along with threats about sending each other to the hospital and a few punches.  It took about 6 employees to break it up. 

 Luckily I made it out alive and with my food!

No comments:

Post a Comment