Sunday, February 6, 2011

Shoes Shoes Shoes

I first came to NYC on a visit when I was 12 years old. Sitting on the subway for the first time, I made a comment: "Everybody here has such great shoes." I stand by that to this day. Shoes are important in New York. While walking (in heels) to an interview on Friday, I got this strong feeling of importance. When people see you in heels, they know you mean business. That's if you can walk in them of course. On Thursday, I dressed models for a fitting for Fashion Week (coming up soon). One of the models told me about her experiences at castings.

(Russian accent) "Sometimes at castings they make you walk in shoes that aren't the right size and then say 'oh she can't walk'. But, if they let you wear your own shows at the casting, some girls will glue the shoes to their feet to help them walk." Wow! That's some sneaky shoe action!

I love going out here on the weekends because you can never be too overdressed or too crazily dressed. I wear 3-4inch heels whenever I go out on Friday/Saturday. They complete the outfit but also once again, make you intimidating. I like that. However, it all comes with a price. Last summer, I wore heels out so much that I lost feeling in my big toes! It eventually came back after a month! Currently I have a strain in my calf muscle from dancing in 4 inch blue strappy heels on Friday night.

I'll leave you with this picture below. I took it while walking through 30 Rockefeller Plaza. This is the line for business men to get their shoes shined. The time was about 3pm. Men like shoes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment