Sunday, January 30, 2011

Starbucks (and my wonderful mom) help me pretend that I'm not poor

I woke up this morning with $6.53 in my bank account. Hmmmm....what do I do with that, on a Sunday in Manhattan? Well, first I cleaned my room. That took up some time/took my mind off things that I was exempt from doing. By 3pm, I was ready to get out of my pleasant 70" by 135" room. I cleaned out my purse and found a little card that was given to me last weekend when I was home in RI. A Starbucks giftcard! Yay! Something to do/people to see/I'm not poor anymore (welll.....everything is relative). I bundled up, put on my turquoise blue skinny jeans, and packed up my backpack with my laptop library books and headed to the Astor Place Starbucks (rumor has it that the Olsen twins are frequent customers). Ehhhh.... no so such luck. There was not a seat to be found, and there were about 15 people standing around waiting for a seat to open up! So, I walked down 2nd ave and found another (less famous) Starbucks and found a seat! I now am happily sitting here with my chai, blogging and thinking.

If you can scrounge up $2.45 for a chai tea, Starbucks will provide you with much enjoyment. There is free wifi. This allows for mass amounts of job searching, facebooking, and blogging. They have a free music download everyday! Wow! That would save you $8.40 (are itunes songs $1.20 each?) a week if you buy an itunes song per day. My favorite new Starbucks discovery isssss free online reading! They offer 4 full free books online. So, whenever you're in a Starbucks and login to their wifi, you can read a book. Right now, they're offering The Autobiography of Mark Twain. I might read a few chapters. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment