Saturday, January 15, 2011

Makin' It

I'm Here! I did it (kind of). I moved to NYC. I live here! However, after 2 weeks it's becoming apparent that I need a job. Any job will do, even part-time at this point. When you're not working you spend money. Don't get me wrong, I'm working hard, networking hard and sending my resume to every single email that has any sort of connection to NYC/fashion/entertainment/money. The thing is that part of finding a job in NYC is going out! I'm not kidding. It's the way to meet people who know people. However, this doesn't exactly work when you're not working and don't have money. There's some sort of disconnect there. So, the trick, the game, is to make friends. Make friends with everyone, bartenders, bouncers etc. This will hopefully lead to: 1. more fun 2. free entrance/drinks and 3. maybe even some networking. I've learned that very few people who live the city have the money/make the money to live here. They find ways to get around the money issue and live like they can afford it. Living in NYC is an education in survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment